We perform a full range of cardiac services including:
- Consultative Cardiology
- Exercise Stress Testing
- Nuclear Exercise Stress Testing
- Stress Echocardiography
- Pacemaker evaluation & implantation
- Arrhythmia monitoring
- Carotid Ultrasound
- Vascular Ultrasound
Our Nuclear Cardiology Laboratory and our Echocardiography Laboratory are fully accredited by ICANL and ICAEL.
Our office is open Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm (except Fridays close at 4:30pm). Appointments may be made by calling our front desk at 301-656-9070 during office hours and should be requested with the physician of your choice. In the event of an emergency, it may be necessary to see one of the other physicians or our nurse practitioner. Every effort will be made to provide the earliest possible appointment for the convenience of the patient. Due to the unscheduled nature of emergencies that occur in our specialty, occasional delays may occur. We hope you will understand.
As a courtesy to our patients we have provided convenient lab hours to accommodate your needs. However, we are only able to provide these services on specific days and times when we have available staff. Please follow the below protocols to schedule your lab appointments.
- You must call our front desk to schedule every lab appointment prior to coming in to the office. You will be given a specific date and a time period either 8-11am on M, W, F or 1:30-4pm on Tu & Th. It is mandatory that you call prior to coming in so that we may have your chart ready when you arrive.
- Your lab visit is strictly for lab related services such as blood draws or blood pressures. The medical assistants are not available for any other type of services such as writing prescriptions or making copies during your lab visit.
- Your physician will not be available to see you when you are here for a lab visit.
We appreciate your cooperation with the above procedures as this will make your lab visit run as smoothly as possible. Unfortunately, we will not be able to accommodate your lab visit if the above protocols are not followed as we will not have the staff or your chart available if you do not call first or if you arrive during non laboratory hours.
Charges and Insurance
When you are seen in our office, you will be requested to “sign-in”. Your signature authorizes us to submit the claim to your insurance company. As our physicians are participating providers with many managed care health plans, we are required by our contracts to follow very specific rules and regulations when treating these patients. Specifically all co-payments must be collected at the time of your visit. We accept cash, checks, Visa and MasterCard. For this reason it is important that you always bring your health insurance ID card with you to every visit as this will help us to facilitate your care and will provide us the necessary information to correctly submit your insurance claim. It is our goal to make every effort to assist you in receiving your full benefits from your insurance plan, however we are unable to do this if you do not provide us with your most current insurance coverage information at every visit. We have two full time patient account representatives that are here to assist you with any insurance related issues you may have.
If your insurance company requires a referral it is the your responsibility to have the referral with them at the time of the visit or we may not be able to proceed with the scheduled visit.
Claims Submission for Annual Physicals
Some insurance plans now pay for annual physicals, however it is the patient’s responsibility to find out prior to their
appointment if they have this particular coverage. If you have and wish to use this annual physical benefit you must notify our bookkeeping office on the day of your appointment that the claim should be submitted as an annual physical and not a regular office visit.
Cancellations must be made 24 hours prior to your scheduled visit. A fee of $25 may be charged for any appointment not cancelled with a 24 hour notice or if you do not show for your scheduled appointment.
A cancellation fee of $150.00 will be charged for all nuclear Thallium stress tests that are not cancelled with a 24 hour notice or if you do not show for the appointment as we cannot return or reuse the nuclear isotope that is preordered for every patient scheduled for this procedure.
- Patients will be screened for the following when scheduling appointments:
- Have you or anyone you have been in close contact with tested positive for Covid.
- Do you currently have any flu like symptoms such as cough, cold, fever.
- Have you traveled out of state in the past 10 days
- You will be required to wear a mask covering your nose and mouth for entry into the office and will be required to wear this mask during your entire visit.
- Your temperature will be checked upon arrival.
We practice social distancing and rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between each patient.